DMC Yeltz 0 Moor Green 1

19 December 2000

We've never done much in the League Cup, and we haven't done much again. A second round defeat against Moor Green means all we've got left to look forward to is a relegation battle. Hurrah!

Saturday brings the start of that struggle with a visit to Cambridge City , followed by games over the holiday period at home to Worcester and Ilkeston , and away to Moor Green .

As I'm on holiday until after the New Year, the site might not be updated as regularly as usual , but I'll do my best to keep things reasonably recent. Anyhoo, have a jolly Xmas and New Year, and let's hope 2001 brings us better results that 2000 did. :-)

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Quy; Corns (Owen 70), Ford (Payne 79), Wood, Lloyd, Collins, R. Crisp, Sutton, Bowen, N. Smith, Hines. Sub: Sumnall

Moor Green: De Bont; Mulholland, Hayde, Pope, M. Smith (Baddams 22), Stanley, Woodley, M. Crisp, Martin (Hall 76), Shepherd (Robinson 76), Petty.

Booked: Stanley (53), Wood (63), Robinson (83) Referee: S. Flanaghan (Wednesfield) Attendance: 234

Halesowen bowed out of their involvement in cup football for the season with another disappointing home result to leave them with just one home victory after 15 attempts.

Peter Sutton was guilty of missing two golden one-on-one situations in the first half when he waited too long before blasting at Moor Green goalkeeper Andy De Bont in the 10th and 24th minute. A good build up by Moor Green's Mark Shepherd then set Jae Martin free but Andy Quy turned his effort around the post and just before the break Mark Crisp could only watch his 15 yard effort rebound off the goalpost into the safe arms of Quy.

Sutton screwed another shot just wide in the 51st minute following clever work by Richard Crisp, Neil Smith and Stuart Corns, who enjoyed an impressive debut game. However, it was Moor Green who grabbed the winning goal in the 63rd minute when Craig Woodley was on hand to turn home a rebound off the post after Shepherd's shot had beaten Quy. Ross Collins headed home a 75th minute freekick from Les Hines but the goal was disallowed for an infringement by Sam Bowen and it was the visitors who almost increased their lead late on when Mark Crisp was denied by Quy's fine reflex save.