Friendly Yeltz 0 Stourbridge 0

21 July 2001

Nothing to get too excited about, except perhaps the amazing size of our squad at the moment. A 0-0 draw against local sort-of rivals Stourbridge Town and a chance to assess lots of potential new players. If your interested, DJ has added a full match report .

Next up are the Albion, kickoff Thursday at 7.30pm down The Grove.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Piearcy; Skidmore (Colwell 45), Burnham (Carter 45), Taylor (Bradley 45), Knight (Shaw 65), L. Collins (Barnett 45), Hall (Jones 45), Crawford (Gallagher 75), Spencer, Bailey (Donaldson 65), Hines (Otto 45). Sub: Garvey.

Stourbridge: Arnold; Black, A. Dodd, Hamilton, R. Dodd, I. Jones, Gray, M. Jones, Baker, Watson, Pulisciano. Subs: Casson, Briscoe, Dale, Blake.

Referee: M. Weaver (Warley)

Halesowen named a strong starting line-up, captained by Lee Collins. The only absentees were Kerry Giddings and Neil Smith (holidays), Tim Clarke (Champions League duty) and Ross Collins (thigh strain). The Yeltz also used the opportunity to unveil the new all-blue home kit, ironically sponsored by Stourbridge chairman Mark Serrell's company, Plumbing World.

However, Halesowen struggled to break the stalemate with Stourbridge and the Midland Alliance visitors deservedly earned a draw. The Halesowen strikeforce could not take advantage of Les Hines and Matty Hall whipping over early crosses from each wing and in the 15th minute it was Stourbridge's Nathan Pulisciano who met a long cross from Mark Jones, but his header curled just wide of the mark. Hall produced several good runs from the right wing for Halesowen during the game, but his 25th minute effort ended with a weak shot.

Stourbridge's best chance fell in the 57th minute when ex-Conference striker Brian Gray made an incisive run but his shot was gathered at the foot of the post by goalkeeper Jason Piearcy. A misunderstanding between Piearcy and Lee Knight then almost gave Stourbridge a breakthrough in the 61st minute. Ten minutes later the Glassboys substitute Leon Blake turned well but shot just wide.

With a much changed Halesowen line-up in the final quarter, Andy Jones drilled wide and Jim Arnold in the Stourbridge goal saved a lob from Andy Spencer before Ricky Otto went close to converting a late right-wing cross.

Halesowen now go forward to meet West Bromwich Albion at The Grove on Thursday 26th July, kick-off at 7.30pm.