Weston 0 Yeltz 0

22 September 2001

Although losing Leroy May for answering back to sir, the mighty Yeltz dominated much of the play against Weston without being able to take all three points. Not too bad a result, but the way we've been playing recently you can't help to be slightly disappointed. Full details, as ever, in the match reports .

Tuesday brings local rivals Stourport Swifts to The Grove, and then on Saturday we're back in FA Cup action at Moor Green .

Match Report from DJ

Weston: Weaver; Leigh White, Hunt, Bird, Kilgour, Catley, A. Smith, Richards, Bevan, King (Lee White 62), Cox. Subs: Pugh-Jones, Butler

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Burnham, N. Smith, L. Collins, R. Collins, Spencer (Hall 78), Jones (Giddings 68), May, Taylor, Hines. Sub: Skidmore

Referee: D. Hannis (Stonehouse, Glos) Booked: L. Collins (40), King (57) Sent Off: May (42) Attendance: 233

Halesowen were in control at Weston despite playing over half the game with only ten men after the dismissal of Leroy May. However they lacked the killer touch to turn their possession into goals.

Andy Spencer volleyed over the bar early on and Halesowen went on to dominate the first half with Ross Collins also going close with an 18th minute header. May was put clear on goal in the 25th minute by Lee Collins but Weston goalkeeper Steve Weaver raced off his line to smother the final shot.

The main talking point of the afternoon came in the 40th minute when referee Hannis decided to give a straight red card to Halesowen striker May for answering back.

Halesowen goalkeeper Tim Clarke was rarely troubled in the first half but twice saved bravely from Weston dangerman Jimmy Cox in the second half to maintain his fifth consecutive clean sheet. But it was the visitors who continued to create the better chances with a header from Andy Jones blocked on the line by Weaver in the 53rd minute and Les Hines sending a ball across the face of goal from the resulting corner. Lee Collins then headed just wide and near the end substitute Matty Hall hit another teasing cross across the goalmouth but there was no forward to provide the final touch.