WSC Moor Green 3 Yeltz 0

12 March 2002

It's a shame to go out of any cup, but we've got much more important things to concetrate on this year. A bit of a stuffing really by Moor Green which I suppose gives them a little revenge for our FA Cup victory earlier in the season.

We've now got 10 league games left and 7 of those are at The Grove, so let's hope we can storm to the title with a string of victories. First up are bottom placed Swindon Supermarine on Saturday who have been slightly improved of late, but let's hope for another 3 points.

Weston drew 2-2 last night against Evesham, which was nice. It's Chippenham v Weston on Saturday, so obviously at least one of them must drop some points too.

Match Report from DJ

Moor Green: Rachel; Robinson, Brighton, Gillard, Softley, Stanley, Myers (Scheppel), Lamey (Petty), Crisp (Gayle), Martin, Peer. Subs: Carter, Antiss

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Burnham, N. Smith, L. Collins, Newell, Spencer, G. Smith, Jones, R. Collins, Hines. Sub: Skidmore, Taylor, Phillips, Bailey, Garvey

Referee: A. McIlravey (Redditch) Attendance: 307

A Les Hines freekick dropped awkwardly into the Moor Green area after 8 minutes and just escaped the head of Neil Smith before bouncing out into safety for a goalkick. The Moors took a 10th minute lead after an uncharacteristic mistake by Lee Collins on the right let in Mark Crisp to cross for leading goalscorer Nathan Lamey to prod in his 27th goal of the season. Gary Smith almost equalised in the 13th minute on the break but after cleverly turning the last defender shot straight at the legs of goalkeeper Adam Rachel. Halesowen eventually tidied up some defensive confusion in the 35th minute after a slip by Lee Collins and a bad clearance kick from Tim Clarke.

Seven minutes into the second half Andy Spencer headed a Hines cross just wide but Halesowen went 2-0 down in the 74th minute when a deep cross from Jae Martin was chested down and despatched from 12 yards past Clarke by the dangerous Lamey. Jason Burnham's 25 yard effort from a freekick was held by Rachel after 80 minutes and Clarke did well to pluck out a Martin shot two minutes later. Four minutes from time a left wing cross from Martin was volleyed home by substitute Danny Scheppel for Moor Green's third goal.

News of a 2-2 home draw for Weston-SM brought some relief to the end of the evening - despite the earlier report from the Yeltz statistician who watched the game believing Weston had won 2-1! With Halesowen bowing out of their involvement in Cup football for the 2001-02 season, it's now time to concentrate fully on the final ten league games.