Yeltz 0 Tamworth 0

03 September 2002

For the third game in succession at The Grove, the mighty Yeltz earned just a single point, this time against last season's runner-up Tamworth.

The draw leaves us in a disappointing 18th place in the table after the first six games and still without a win. Let's not get too downhearted though - we're not playing too badly at all, and hopefully just need a win to kickstart the season.

We've at home again at the weekend when we welcome Dover back to The Grove on Saturday.

Don't forget that Sunday is the club's AGM , so if anyone's got anything they want to ask but can't make it, mail me and I'll see what I can do.

There are still some Fantasy Island players who are getting mails returned as unknown. If you are one of those people (you'll know by the big red scrolling notice on your page) please let me know your new email address or I'll have to delete you from the game.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Burnham, Newall, Collins, Holmes, Spencer (Leadbeater 66) Ashby, Quiggin (Jones 80), Taylor, Reece. Unused Subs: Smith, Skidmore, Garvey.

Tamworth: Acton; Warner, Marsh (Follett 71), Turner, Hatton, Norton, McHugh, Hemmings, Sale, Rickards (Hallam 77), McGory. Unused Subs: Colley, Beasley, Bate.

Referee: L. Hodgson (Nuneaton) Attendance: 656 Booked: Collins (78) Sponsors' Man of the Match: Tim Clarke

Although Halesowen remain without a win and produced few chances they remain unbeaten at home and will be satisfied with a point against their much fancied rivals.

An early 3rd minute cross from Jimmy Quiggin was smothered by a combination of Simon Marsh and goalkeeper Darren Acton while Mark Sale turned and drove just wide in the 12th minute at the other end for the visitors.

Jason Ashby almost nipped in to take advantage of Paul Hatton's header back to Acton in the 17th minute before man-of-the-match Tim Clarke came into his own. Clarke made a full length diving save from Fraser McHugh's 18th minute drive from 25 yards and then pulled out a tremendous double save in the 38th minute. The menacing Tony Hemmings beat two defenders on the left to hit a fierce drive which Clarke beat down with Sale heading the rebound into Clarke's arms. Two minutes later McHugh put the ball back into the area from a corner to find Sale completely unmarked but he headed straight at Clarke again.

A minute before half-time Richard Colwell played a great ball out of defence to Jason Ashby but the striker snatched at his shot in the penalty area.

Tamworth remained on top in the second-half without finding the vital final touch and it was Clarke who went on to beat away McHugh's 55th minute drive from 20 yards before Hemmings hit the side-netting when unmarked on the left on the hour. Five minutes later Mark Turner flashed a header wide from Scott Rickards cross. Ten minutes from full-time Halesowen substitute Richard Leadbeater cut in from the right but his shot was blocked by Turner.