BSC Yeltz 3 Studley 0

12 November 2002

The mighty Yeltz moved through to the last 16 of the B'ham Senior Cup with an easy victory over Alliance team Studley. Goals from Leroy , Reece and Big Rich sent the meagre crowd of 212 home as happy as a Halesowen crowd gets.

According to the Non-League Paper , we're close to signing Phil Trainer , a young midfielder who's previously played for Crewe.

Saturday's game at home to struggling Folkestone is obviously very important, so let's hope for three points!

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Reece, Smith, L. Collins, Stone, Skidmore (Phillips 80), Ashby (Leadbeater 63), May (Elmes HT), Master, Newall. Unused Subs: Hines, Garvey

Studley FC: Lewis; Keight, Kavanagh, Beddowes (Butler 65), Hands, Mitchell, Grubb (Cross 65), Harmer (Rowlands 80), Crisp, Johnson, Neath

Referee: J. Whitehouse (Coseley) Booked: Hands (34) Attendance: 212

Halesowen booked their place in the last sixteen of the Birmingham Senior Cup with a comfortable win over Midland Alliance Studley FC.

The visitors stunned the Halesowen defence in the 4th minute when a diving header from Mark Beddowes hit the post. Almost immediately Kirk Master replied by cracking a 25-yard effort against the Studley woodwork at the Stourbridge Road end with Leroy May hitting the rebound high. A 13th minute shot from Ian Mitchell then brought a flying save out of Tim Clarke.

The Yeltz took a 21st minute lead with MAY heading home a right wing corner from Master. Mitchell drove wide in the 29th minute for Studley but Halesowen went two goals ahead in the 35th minute through Dominic REECE with a 20-yard direct free-kick after Steve Hands had brought down John Newall on the edge of the box.

Half-time substitute Rob Elmes put a 52nd minute free header wide of the mark from Richard Colwell's cross but a minute later Elmes forced a blocking save from Danny Lewis. Master then planted a firm header in the path of Reece for the full-back to fire a fierce shot at Lewis. Lewis made another fine save from Master's 18-yard shot in the 75th minute.

Studley enjoyed a fair proportion of second-half possession and had a good chance to pull a goal back in the 81st minute when Mark Crisp hit against the bar from 10-yards but substitute Kevin Rowlands then blasted the rebound high from in front of goal.

Halesowen added a third goal in the 87th minute when Lewis failed to hold a shot from the right by Master leaving substitute Richard LEADBEATER with a simple tap-in. On full-time, Master broke from his own half and set up Elmes but the striker completely missed the target with the goal at his mercy.