WSC Stourport 0 Yeltz 1

02 November 2004

Another day, another win. Our good run continued last night with a 1-0 victory in the Worcester Senior Cup against Stourport through a Fozzy goal. We now play Kiddy in the next round.

On Saturday we visit Bromsgrove in the FA Trophy, before next week's FA Cup First Round tie away at Ryman Premier Yeading.

Match Report from DJ

Stourport Swifts: O'Malley; M. Jones, Shirley, Webb, A. Jones, Llloyd (Hayward 63 (Titterton 74)), Checketts, Sayer, Giddings (Hawkes 63), Atkinson, Mason. Unused Subs: Crisp, Gittings

Halesowen Town: Taylor; Strachan (Cooper 64), Haywood, Robinson, D. Jones, Amos, Cowley, Steane, Forsdick (Haarhoff 64), Burgess, Skidmore. Unused Subs: Grocutt, Preston, Baker

Referee: J. Cox (Evesham) Attendance: 157

Halesowen made five changes from the previous Saturday's line-up with one eye on the important FA Cup and FA Trophy matches ahead of them. Nevertheless, the visitors dominated for much of the game but had to rely Simon Forsdick's strike at the start of the second half to take them through to a second round clash away at Kidderminster Harriers.

The first half saw Halesowen in total control with some neat passing but some solid defending kept them at arm's length. When Richard Burgess finally found some space in front of goal he was twice denied by home keeper Aaron O'Malley, the second of the saves an excellent stop at full-stretch.

Mark Atkinson almost gave Swifts an unlikely lead 30 seconds into the second half when he pounced on a poor clearance from visiting keeper Chris Taylor but the Halesowen stopper recovered in time to keep out the shot. Three minutes later and it was the Yeltz who took the lead. Former Stourport favourite Alex Cowley combined with Burgess on the edge of the area before skewing his shot across goal where Forsdick was lurking to drill low past O'Malley.

The Swifts finally come to life in the dying stages of the game but were denied by an offside flag and the woodwork. Dan Mason's 88th minute strike, off a Halesowen defender, was ruled out for offside and two minutes later, with the game entering injury time, Mason tried again but this time saw his thundering drive thump against the upright with keeper Taylor beaten.