WSC QF Kidderminster 0 Yeltz 2

21 December 2004

The Yeltz got back to winning ways last night with a 2-0 win over Kiddy's kids in the Worcester Senior last night. Goals from Nathan Lamey and Alex Cowley puts us through to the semi-finals and a mouth-watering tie against Redditch.

Despite a few recent setbacks, the club is in a very healthy state at the moment after an excellent cup run, and for the first time in a long while a passing team who try to play good football. We've slipped down to 6th, but have games in hand and are all set to make a good run for promotion.

We've got three important games over the holiday period - starting with a lovely trip to Gloucester on Monday (27th) followed by the big one at The Grove when league leaders Merthyr wist on New Years Day. If we could get 6 points from those games we'd be right back in the title race, so let's hope for the best!

I'm off on my Xmas travels next week, so after Saturday the site may not be updated as quickly as usual. Merry Xmas to you all, and I'll hopefully see a lot of you on New Years Day for the big match.

Match Report from DJ

Kidderminster H: Danby (Lewis 70); Astley, Evans, Manship, Hodnett, Teraud, Byrne, Malcolm, Butler, Thompson, Ludlow. Unused Subs: Burton, Gleeson.

Halesowen Town: Taylor; Cooper, Haywood, Preston, Amos, Jones, Cowley, Moore, Danks, Lamey (Forsdick 67), Skidmore. Unused Subs: Grocutt, Strachan.

Referee: S. Dorr (Worcester) Attendance: 224 Booked: Amos (36), Preston (44), Skidmore (84), Manship (84)

Halesowen were too strong for Kidderminster's youth team in a confidence boosting performance after their recent lack of form.

Nick Amos gave a dominant performance at the heart of the defence in place of absent Steve Pope with the hosts barely registering a clear attempt on goal all evening and Paul Danks worked hard up front after his recall from Solihull.

In the 2nd minute Jason Moore went close and Nathan Lamey headed a corner over the bar. Lamey then beat the offside trap in the 28th minute but goalkeeper John Danby made a fine save. Seconds later Danby made another fine save from Lamey and Danny Hodnett cleared off the line as Moore followed up from the rebound. Moore skipped through a couple of challenges in the 43rd minute to set up Alex Cowley but Danby raced out to make another blocking save.

Halesowen's pressure eventually brought a first half injury time goal when Lamey turned in the area to finally beat Danby from 15 yards after Moore shielded the ball.

Simon Forsdick was introduced in the 67th minute after being delayed on his journey to Aggborough and was put free on the left in the 74th minute but substitute goalkeeper Daniel Lewis rushed off his line to save. Lewis was then on hand to block from Forsdick again on 77 minutes after being put through by Cowley.

Kidderminster youngsters exerted late pressure but Halesowen held firm and broke away to notch a second goal in injury time when Danks put Cowley clear and he ran towards goal from 40 yards out before cheekily chipping past Lewis.