FAT 1Q Yeltz 0 Willenhall 0

15 October 2005

The mighty Yeltz remain in the FA Trophy after drawing 0-0 against Western Division opponents Willenhall at The Grove.

It was always going to be a tricky tie, but from what I've heard we probably had enough chances to win it. Still, it sets up an interesting replay on Tuesday.

Once again, there appear to have been some incidents after the game involving "fans" and the manager and Nigel Pitt. I have no idea what actually happened, but I can only repeat what I've said before - if all you are going to do is moan about everything then it would be better if you didn't bother supporting us any more.

We've had more ill-informed comments criticising the manager, for things like making "tactical" substitutions when amazing enough the players concerned were injured. Do people really think the manager is a complete idiot? The arrogance and lack of respect of some people astounds me.

All I can ask the moaners is this - stop f**king moaning and get behind the club before it all falls apart. Is that what you really want? (No apologies for the bad language - I'm not writing this lightly).

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Johnson (Cooper 23), Haywood, Preston, Pope, Amos, Cowley (Strachan 64), Lamey, Forinton (C. Smith 76), N. Smith, Forsdick. Unused Subs: Skidmore, Pierpoint.

Willenhall Town: Tipton; Woodvine, Reece, Khela (Vaughan 53), Bishop, Holland (Swann 81), Campbell, Myers, Hay, Perrow, Danks. Unused Subs: Quilt, Sheppard, Hopkins.

Referee: D. Brockwell (Northampton) Attendance: 326 Booked: Lamey (61).

Willenhall forced a replay with a stalemate in the FA Trophy first-hurdle as Halesowen failed to beat lower league opposition in Cup football for the second successive Saturday.

Injuries to key players caused particular concern for Halesowen. Howard Forinton limped off with a hamstring injury, Alex Cowley was replaced due to a calf injury and Johnson strained his thigh, with all expected to miss the Tuesday replay.

The Lockmen started eagerly in the perfect playing conditions. Gary Hay returned to the Grove after his brief spell earlier in the season and provided an excellent 6th minute cross from the right for Dominic Reece to volley wide from 10 yards. Two minutes later Dean Perrow then powered a header wide from Reece's left wing cross.

For Halesowen, Alex Cowley's 13th minute effort was cleared off the line by Aaron Bishop and Cowley's 17th minute run into the box was ended by Dave Woodvine. With Willenhall creating the clearer chances both Perrow and Hay dragged efforts wide on 25 minutes and on the half-hour home goalkeeper Dean Coleman claimed a weak back-header from Nicki Preston at Hay's feet.

In end-to-end play at the end of the first half, Steve Pope headed Nathan Lamey's free-kick wide after 33 minutes. Four minutes later, Simon Forsdick picked up a loose ball in the visiting penalty area and side-stepped the last defender but blasted Halesowen's best chance of the half well over the bar from 8 yards. Two minutes before the interval Perrow turned in the Halesowen area but Coleman saved his low drive near the post.

The visitors took the game to Halesowen at the start of the second-half and created a string of good chances. Perrow's dangerous 47th minute cross was just missed by Martin Myers in front of goal and on 54 minutes Perrow put Nicky Campbell through but he elected to square the ball to Hay when well placed. Paul Danks then turned in the box but scuffed his shot straight at a grateful Coleman in the 57th minute. Substitute Ian Cooper was on hand to clear a 63rd minute shot from Hay off the line for Halesowen's troubled defence.

Willenhall had a 66th minute let-off when substitute Craig Strachan delivered a free-kick for Pope to glance a header onto the far post. A high-ball from Cooper then led to Howard Forinton being injured in a 75th minute challenge on Willenhall goalkeeper Danny Tipton.

The Yeltz finished the game strongly but wasted three good chances in the final ten minutes. Substitute Chris Smith struck the post in front of an open goal after 83 minutes from a rebound when Tipton saved after Lamey's persistence saw him win the ball in the area.

Forsdick then latched onto a long 87th minute clearance from Coleman but his weak effort was easily saved by Tipton. Tipton then produced an excellent point-blank save in the final minute to keep out Pope's close range header from Lamey's free-kick and secure a replay at Noose Lane.