Team Bath 0 Yeltz 2

30 January 2006

A magnificent 82 people saw the mighty Yeltz move up to 6th place with a convincing 2-0 win at Team Bath. It was actually a strange but good atmosphere, as those of us there had a great time seeing us play really well and well-desrving of another 3 points.

On Saturday we face a difficult away trip to Banbury, who we've just overtaken in the table. It's another crucial game if we are going to keep in contention, but if we can keep our good form going we have every chance.

Match Report from DJ

Team Bath: Giles; Rutter, Maye, Cozic (Blake 83), Coppard, Frost, Tisdale, M. Canham, Reid (Tonnley 53), S. Canham, Long (Adams 63). Unused Subs: Tillson, Chitty

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Johnson, Haywood, Preston, Pope, Cooper, Cowley (N. Smith 84), Lamey, Forinton (C. Smith 90), Hadland, Forsdick (Skidmore 90). Unused Subs: Pierpoint, Amos

Referee: A. Smith (Bridgwater) Attendance: 82 Booked: Reid (21), Haywood (57), Rutter (68)

In form Halesowen recorded another comfortable win to move up to sixth place in the league.

A tremendous run of 18 points from their last 8 games has seen the Yeltz emerge as serious play-off contenders and this time they despatched Team Bath, conquerors of previously unassailable Salisbury just two days earlier.

Dave Haywood hit an 11th minute free-kick at the home goalkeeper Giles and an Alex Cowley cross was then cleared. Nicki Preston met Haywood's 28th minute corner with a header but Giles turned the ball around the post and Preston then hit over from the resulting corner.

Halesowen took the lead on 42 minutes when Ian Cooper touched a throw-in back to Haywood and his cross was headed on by Scott Hadland for leading scorer Nathan LAMEY to prod home.

After the break Simon Forsdick worked clear in the 47th minute but his shot ricocheted into safety. Two minutes later Howard Forinton met Cooper's cross but the home goalkeeper made a spectacular clearance with his head. Forsdick then met Lamey's cross on the hour but Giles gathered at the second attempt. But Giles then had a lucky escape when he completely missed a 69th minute free-kick but Frost managed to clear from Steve Pope.

Halesowen completed their third successive 2-0 victory in the 75th minute when the ball broke for FORSDICK to come from behind a completely static home defence and take the ball around the goalkeeper before slotting home. Cowley then hit a 77th minute spectacular shot with the visitors in the driving seat.

As Halesowen sat back on their lead Sean Canham headed wide in the 87th minute and with two minutes remaining Dean Coleman had a let-off when a free-kick struck the crossbar and the rebound struck his back before dropping wide.