Tiverton 0 Yeltz 0

15 February 2006

Well we didn't lose, but it's getting harder to see how we're going to force our way into the play-offs. A 0-0 draw at Tiverton is obviously a reasonable result, but we're 9 points behind where we want to be with only 13 games to go. Still, we shouldn't give up hope just yet!

On Saturday we travel to Yate in another tricky tie. In their last 3 home games they've beaten King's Lynn, Bedford and Merthyr so once again it's not easy, but we have to start winning soon if we are going to keep in touch.

Match Report from DJ

Tiverton Town: Ovendale; Winter, Davies (Hambly 78), Booth, Croft, Milsom, Ampadu (Skinner 82), Bale, Pears (Beddow 79), Holloway, Nogan. Unused Subs: Gould, Knott

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Cooper, Amos, Preston, Pope (Lamey HT), Pierpoint, Cowley, N. Smith, Forinton, Hadland, Forsdick. Unused Subs: Skidmore, Johnson, C. Smith

Referee: L. Cox Attendance: 359 Booked: Amos (29), Croft (56), N. Smith (78).

Halesowen earned a respectable goal-less draw in Devon but the result did little to lift either side away from mid-table.

With play swinging from end-to-end, Halesowen's Scott Hadland make an early break in the 4th minute but his final effort was weak. Darren Davies should have done better than fire straight at Halesowen goalkeeper Dean Coleman after 10 minutes and a minute later Simon Forsdick hit over the bar after good work from Hadland. Forsdick then broke forward for the Yeltz in the 15th minute after his goalkeeper Coleman punched clear but opposite goalkeeper Mark Ovendale gathered the ball before then collecting Howard Forinton's 17th minute lob.

Coleman put in a solid performance and saved from Richard Pears after 24 minutes and again from Chris Bale after 34 minutes before keeping out the resulting corner.

Niki Preston tidied up Tivvy's 51st minute advance but a couple of minutes later Nick Smith flicked substitute Nathan Lamey's free-kick behind the opposite goal. Tiverton's pressure forced two corners on the hour, but Alex Cowley picked up the ball to surge forward with Forinton just failing to connect with Hadland's right-wing cross.

Coleman did well again to force Pears wide on a 69th minute break and the young goalkeeper then tipped a 74th minute long-range effort over the bar from Paul Milsom.

The Yeltz had several chances to break the deadlock in the latter stages with Nick Smith and Hadland just missing Forsdick's 76th minute cross. Probably the best chance came with just two minutes remaining when Lamey broke free and saw his rebound shot cleared off the line after Hadland's initial effort had struck goalkeeper Ovendale.