I stopped keeping this site up-to-date many years ago, so if you've ended up here I'm afraid there's nothing much of interest to see any more.

Other Halesowen Town websites:

21st Century Stuff

I made a Yeltzland app for iPhone/iPad and Android, which lets you read all about the Yeltz in one place.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play

You can also add the Yeltz fixture list into your calendar - instructions can be found here.

News Stories 1997-2006 ...

Follow Your Instinct

Even older than the original Yeltzland website, we wrote a HTFC fanzine between 1991 and 1994.

I've started scanning in the originals, and you can download the PDFs from the FYI home page.

Review of the 1995-96 season

Re-live one of the greatest seasons of the mighty Yeltz's long history in DJ's comprehensive review

Why are we called The Yeltz?

No one knows for sure, but here's an summary from the excellent Yeltzmen book that's the best explanation we have!




Stafford 4 Yeltz 2

It was always going to be a tough Boxing day fixture, but it was still a bit disappointing to lose after twice fighting back.

After they took the lead we probably deserved to draw level through the first Jason Ashby goal for a while. They then regained the lead through a penalty, but then we came back again when Les converted a pen for us - their bloke handled on the line so how he was only booked is beyond belief. Two more Stafford goals took them up to third and us perilously close to the relegation zone .

The big news is our application to join a restructured Conference of 66 teams next year. It's not exactly clear how this will affect this season yet - it may mean that even if we get "relegated" we'll still be in the new league depending on how many teams apply - but it's got to be a positive step forward on all counts.

Saturday brings Hastings to The Grove in a game I really hope will bring a welcome 3 points to end what, despite recent appearences, has been an excellent year for The Yeltz.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Adamson; Newall, Hines, Smith, L. Collins, Stone, Skidmore (R. Collins 77), Ashby, May, Master (Trainer 73), Colwell. Unused Subs: Shanahan, Brennan, Clarke

Referee: R. Shoebridge (Belper) Attendance: 1187 Booked: Skidmore (55), Newall (66).

Halesowen twice battled back to equalise but left Marston Road without any points after conceeding another four goals on their travels.

Stafford midfielder Craig LOVATT burst through from midfield and opened the scoring by hitting past Chris Adamson after Halesowen had given the ball away in the 16th minute. The Yeltz equalised in the 40th minute when Leroy May headed-on a long ball from Adamson and Jason ASHBY deftly lobbed goalkeeper Ryan Price.

The home side regained the lead in boggy conditions when Dan Davidson picked up a short clearance from Adamson in the 66th minute and was tripped in the area by John Newall - DAVIDSON then stepped up to hit home the penalty.

Halesowen were then awarded a penalty of their own in the 71st minute when Wayne Daniel handled above his head in the penalty area with May about to head towards goal and Les HINES made no mistake from the penalty spot.

Stafford made sure of the points with two late goals and went 3-2 ahead in the 74th minute with DAVIDSON hitting a 20-yard shot across the ground squirming beneath Adamson and just inside the post. Paul SZEWCZYK netted a fourth from close range in the 79th minute following a right-wing corner.




Hinckley 1 Yeltz 1

Not quite the present we were hoping for, but the mighty Yeltz gained another point in our fight for survival with a 1-1 draw at Hinckley. A first half goal from Skidder was cancelled out by an equaliser early in the second half, but by all accounts we had the better of the game and deserved more.

Boxing Day takes us to high-flying Stafford, and then Hastings visit The Grove next Saturday.

I'm off on my holidays at the weekend so updates to the site will be a bit slower than usual until after the New Year. Merry Xmas to all of you out there, and hopefully I'll see many of you at Dover on January 4th.

Match Report from DJ

Hinckley United: Whittle; Cartwright, March, Crowley, Penny, Dakin, Storer, Dyer, Sadler, Voice, C. Smith (Fox 45). Unused Subs: Wilkes, Preston, Doughty.

Halesowen Town: Adamson; Newall, Hines, N. Smith, Collins, Stone, Skidmore, Ashby, Leadbeater (May 76), Master (Trainer 76), Colwell. Unused Subs: Brennan, Shanahan, Reece.

Referee: S. Cooke (Mansfield) Attendance: 346 Booked: Storer (24)

Halesowen put up a gutsy performance to earn a point at draw-specialists Hinckley but could have returned with more in a game they dominated on a heavily-sanded surface.

This was Halesowen's first visit to Middlefield Lane since the 10th April 1986 when 274 spectators watched the Yeltz win by a lone goal just a fortnight before the last trip to Wembley.

Richard Colwell fed Stuart Skidmore overlapping down the right in the 4th minute but his cross went along the face of goal. Two minutes later Colwell then sprayed a pass out to the left for Kirk Master to cut in and fire a 25-yard shot against the base of the post with goalkeeper Tommy Whittle beaten.

The Yeltz went ahead in the 18th minute when Jason Ashby chased and won a long ball near the bye-line and waited to play a perfect pass into the path of SKIDMORE for the battling midfielder to plant a 20-yard strike into the top corner of the net. Lee Collins then powered a 26th minute over the bar before Chris Adamson came into the action by collecting a long-range effort from David Sadler a minute later. Ashby then bravely charged down a Whittle clearance in the 32nd minute but luckily for the Hinckley defence the ball broke for a throw-in. On 37 minutes Hinckley skipper Andy Penney headed down a long cross but Adamson beat Chris Smith to the ball. Adamson then tipped a Scott Voice header over the bar as the home side won two corners. A minute before half-time Hinckley cleared a left-wing corner but the ball fell for Colwell to hit a dipping shot that was tipped away for a corner by Whittle.

The Knitters levelled four minutes into the second half when substitute Martin Fox touched a free-kick for VOICE to drive past the wall and beyond Adamson from 20 yards out. A 58th minute cross from Stuart Storer then gave Voice a free header but Adamson saved low down.

Halesowen finished strongly and dominated the final half-hour but could not find a winning goal. On the hour a 25-yard shot from Master along the ground was turned away for a corner by Whittle and four minutes later Neil Smith latched onto a cleared corner with a 25-yard strike which looked goal-bound before striking the Hinckley crossbar. On 67 minutes Ashby beat his marker and squared for Master but his shot was cleared off the line. Master then floated in a 75th minute free-kick and Gavin Stone ghosted in at the far post but hit over from close range whilst in the 77th minute substitute Leroy May put a long cross wide of the mark in front of goal.

At the other end Voice hit straight at Adamson in the 83rd minute and Dyer just failed to connect with a Sadler cross. A minute later Whittle turned away a Phil Trainer shot for the first of two corners but Hinckley held on for a point to record their fourth successive draw.




DMC Yeltz 4 Sutton Coldfield 1

Another cup, another victory. Our excellent record in our non-league games continued with a 4-1 victory over Sutton Coldfield in the last 16 of the League Cup. First half goals from Dominic, LeeCo, Karl Brennan and Kirk led to an easy victory, even with Les missing a penalty.

However Saturday takes us to Hinckley in another very important bottom of the table clash. They've picked up a bit of late, but we'll go above them if we can win. Let's hope for an excellent Xmas present of 3 points. I think we've all been good this year.

I'm off on my holidays at the weekend so updates to the site will be a bit slower than usual until after the New Year. Merry Xmas to all of you out there, and hopefully I'll see many of you at Dover on January 4th.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Adamson; Colwell, Hines, Smith, L. Collins (Skidmore 60), Stone, Brennan, Master, May (Ashby 60), Shanahan, Reece(Trainer 72). Unused Subs: Newall, Garvey

Sutton Coldfield Town: Bray; Ling, Gardener, Jones, Geoghagan, Randall, Cammock, Russell, Perrow (Porter 68(Richardson 80)), Tucker, Maragh (Moran 74). Unused Sub: Howard.

Referee: G. Capps (Kettering) Attendance: 187 Booked: None

Halesowen's cruised into the quarter-finals of the League Cup with a four-goal first-half blast.

Ace Sutton marksman Simon Tucker pinched the ball off the toe of Neil Smith in the 4th minute and sent a speculative volley just wide of Chris Adamson's post but it was Halesowen who opened the scoring in the 7th minute with Dominic REECE bundling home a right-wing cross from Karl Brennan from a couple of yards out. Lee COLLINS increased the lead on 18 minutes when he scooped the ball home after Gavin Stone headed on a right-wing corner by Les Hines.

Sutton teenager Dean Perrow brought a 20th minute flying save from Adamson but a minute later the visitors pulled a goal back with Romi CAMMOCK turning home a Jamie Russell cross at the near post in a crowded goal area. The Yeltz then lived dangerously for a short spell with fast and furious Sutton forcing Adamson to save with his feet from Jamie Russell after 24 minutes.

However, Karl BRENNAN put the home side well back in control by despatching a left wing Hines cross into the bottom corner of the net from 15 yards on 37 minutes. Two minutes before the break Halesowen hit a fourth with Kirk MASTER turning a through ball from Neil Smith past goalkeeper Justin Bray.

Halesowen poured forward in the second period but with the work already done, there were no more goals although Bray turned a curling 20-yard Master free-kick for a 58th minute corner. Jason Ashby and Stuart Skidmore replaced Leroy May and Lee Collins on the hour and Ashby immediately scythed through the Sutton defence on a 40-yard run to put Master clear to strike the outside of the post. An Aaron Shanahan free-kick was then headed on for Gavin Stone to strike the underside of the crossbar in the 63rd minute.

Les Hines should have increased the lead after 76 minutes but was denied from the penalty spot by Bray diving to his right after Tucker had tripped Ashby in the penalty area.




Yeltz 0 Hednesford 1

For the second week running we've been beaten by goals from a former favorite. After Rob Elmes's double last week, we lost 1-0 to old rivals Hednesford after a late winner from Steve Pie-arce. A disappointing result, and after the optimism of the last few weeks, we're hovering just above the relegation zone and in for a hard battle. Full details of the game in DJ's match report .

We're back in cup action on Tuesday, when Sutton Coldfield visit The Grove in the last 16 of the League Cup. They're 7th in the Midland Division, so let's hope we can carry on our good cup form at least.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Adamson; Colwell, Hines, Newall, Collins, Stone, Skidmore, Ashby, May, Shanahan, Trainer. Unused Subs: Leadbeater, Smith, Reece, Brennan, Garvey

Hednesford Town: Bingham; Williams, Ryder, Robinson, Brindley, Simkin, Wray (Charie 81), Adams, Piearce, Kiely (Francis 68), Small (Simpson 88). Unused Subs: Lancashire, Maguire

Referee: S. Smith (Matlock) Attendance: 512 Booked: Stone (82)

Hednesford completed the "double" over Halesowen with another late goal sending the Yeltz back into league trouble.

An early "Christmas Day" at The Grove brought carols, mulled wine and mince pies but there was little festive cheer on the pitch in a drab first-half with few goal-scoring opportunities. Instead it seemed Halesowen were set for a worrying Christmas after the evaporation of the November optimism.

Forced into a number of changes due to injury and suspension, Brendan Phillips named WBA reserve goalkeeper Chris Adamson and previously on-loan Aaron Shanahan on his team-sheet. With both defences well on top the opposite super strike-pair of Jason Ashby and Steve Piearce were kept quiet for most of the afternoon.

Adamson saw little action in a bleak opening spell which saw opposite number Michael Bingham collect a 13th minute left-wing cross from Les Hines. Phil Trainer then won a 19th minute corner that was easily cleared off the head of Leroy May, who was not 100% fit. For the visitors, Paul Kiely latched onto a poor clearance in the 14th minute and although Bryan Small fired home, the effort was flagged as disallowed for an offside decision several seconds earlier.

Chris Brindley fouled May on the edge of the area in the 32nd minute but Hines smacked the free-kick harmlessly against the defensive wall. A minute later Bingham grabbed an in-swinging Hines corner. In the 35th minute Shanahan lost possession but Stuart Ryder's shot was deflected away for a corner and then a long range Kiely shot fell desperately wide of the mark.

The final five minutes of the first-half saw some life at last when Ashby cleverly flicked-on for Trainer but he lost control in front of goal. The Pitmen then missed the best chance of the half in the 41st minute when Small headed back a right-wing cross into the path of Piearce but Adamson made a fine blocking save from just five yards. When the rebound fell to Ashley Williams it seemed the visitors were certain to score, but the full-back blasted high over an empty net. Jason Ashby then broke away at the other end and forced Bingham off his line before squaring for Shanahan to clip the Hednesford cross-bar.

Hednesford forced a couple of early chances in an otherwise lack-lustre second half with Small hitting against the Yeltz crossbar on 53 minutes and then Piearce forced Adamson to make a full-length save from his 20-yard shot a minute later. In the 56th minute May headed a Richard Colwell cross just wide of the mark with Ashby lurking at the far post and on the hour Ryder turned away a powerful May header for a corner. Stuart Skidmore lobbed a 66th minute volley into the arms of goalkeeper Bingham and on 73 minutes Shanahan tried to chip in from an acute angle.

After a flurry of Hednesford substitutes and with the game drifting towards a deserved goal-less stalemate, Halesowen's miserable afternoon was completed three minutes from time. For the second week in a row, a former striker caused the damage when Steve PIEARCE cracked home from 15 yards into the bottom corner after Carl Adams eventually found space in the Halesowen rear-guard.




Moor Green 4 Yeltz 0

Although we've been on a good run of late, it's easy to forget that we've had a lot of cup matches recently and our league form has been a bit patchy. This continued today with a disappointing 4-0 loss away to Moor Green.

They were 1-0 up at half-time, went two up through Rob Elmes and then got two more at the end to complete the victory. They've climbed above us in the table, where we've slipped to an alarming 18th place just one spot above the relegation zone.

Next Saturday brings Hednesford to The Grove in a game it's very important we get some points out of - preferably three!

Match Report from DJ

Moor Green: Rachel; Hughes, Evans, Robinson, Sanders, Woodley (Scheppel 58), Stanley, Lamey, Elmes(Faulds 84), Martin, Peer (Walker 80). Unused Subs: Blake, Gillard

Halesowen Town: Clarke (Garvey HT); Colwell, Hines, Newall, L. Collins, Stone, Skidmore (Brennan HT), Ashby, Leadbeater, Trainer (Master 75), R. Collins. Unused Subs: Smith, Reece

Referee: N. Day (Stoke-on-Trent) Attendance: 421 Booked: None

Rob Elmes returned to haunt Halesowen by bagging two goals on his debut for Moor Green against his former club.

The score-line equalled the worst defeat since the 4-0 home defeat by Kings Lynn in 2001 in only the second game under the control of Brendan Phillips and away from home equalled the 4-0 defeat by Bath in the same season. Halesowen have not been beaten by a bigger margin away from home since defeat at Atherstone in 1991.

There was little to cheer in a tame first half that lacked urgency from both sides in the local derby. Craig Woodley headed a right-wing cross from Nathan Lamey just over in the 11th minute and on 17 minutes a string of neat Halesowen interchanges ended with Phil Trainer blasting over from 20 yards.

The Moors took a 26th minute lead with ELMES burying a header beyond Tim Clarke from a Richard Evans left-wing cross. John Newall headed a Jai Stanley cross clear from danger in the 41st minute but a bleak afternoon for Halesowen failed to improve with the home-side taking the upper-hand. Guy Sanders headed against the inside of the post from a Stanley corner a minute before half-time but the ball ran across the goal-line into safety. Jae Martin then struck the side-netting from 15 yards.

The Yeltz were forced to introduce novice goalkeeper Mark Garvey when the injured Clarke failed to emerge for the second half and the nervy newcomer failed to gather a 56th minute corner by Stanley with Lamey hitting an overhead kick just wide. On the hour Richard Robinson turned away a Jason Ashby cross for a corner but the home defence easily cleared their lines. The Moors increased the lead in the 70th minute when Stanley weaved into the Halesowen area and his cross was met by ELMES sliding in at the far post. Visiting substitute Kirk Master did manage a 77th shot from a Les Hines cross but goalkeeper Adam Rachel saved easily. At the other end Garvey then turned away a fierce drive from Martin for a corner.

Moor Green finished strongly and should have increased their lead on 87 minutes when Garvey was beaten to the ball and rounded by Martin but Hines raced back to pinch the ball away from the striker in front of an empty net. However, a minute later Garvey parried an Evans shot into the path of MARTIN to blast home from five yards. Ross Collins clipped in a 90th minute shot which was turned away for a corner but in injury-time the Moors beat the offside trap and substitute Danny SCHEPPEL hit into the bottom corner to complete a miserable afternoon for the Yeltz.




FAT Yeltz 4 Spennymoor 1

The mighty Yeltz marched through to the 3rd Round of the Trophy with a 4-1 victory over Spennymoor .

We went one down early on, but equalised through Big Rich Leadbeater and then took the lead just before half-time through a penalty from Les . As far as I understand, like Saturday this lead to a sending off but this time for Spennymoor's coach and two second-half goals from - who else - Jason put us through. More details as soon as I get them.

We've been drawn away to Alfreton Town in the next round. They're another Unibond First Division team, but they're top of the league and have won 17 on the trot. Should be a good game I reckon, but with the Conference teams in now it could have been a lot worse.

However on Saturday we're back in league action with an important game at Moor Green . After our dubious FA Cup defeat, it would be nice to get some sort of revenge there, and it's another six pointer which it's crucial we get something out of.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Hines, Newall, L. Collins, Stone, Skidmore, Ashby, Leadbeater, Spencer (Trainer HT), R. Collins. Unused Subs: Smith, Master, Brennan, Reece

Spennymoor United: Swan; Hunt, Lee, Brightwell (Bishop 73), Goodchild, Robson, Cullen, Bell, Preen, Woodhouse, Lynch. Unused Subs: Grant, Ainsley, Beasley.

Referee: E. Preece (Stoke-on-Trent) Attendance: 391 Booked: Skidmore (40), Robson (42), Stone (45), Newall (59), Hunt (83), Bell (86)

Halesowen ran out clear winners in a fast and furious replay after coming from behind against battling Spennymoor of the Unibond First Division.

Lower-league Spennymoor were never over-awed and took a 12th minute when a dreadful error from Tim Clarke saw him scuff a clearance from a backpass only a few feet into the path of Steven Preen who had the easy task of passing across goal for Anthony WOODHOUSE to tap into an empty net. Clarke redeemed himself three minutes later by making the first of a string of saves with a fingertip stop from Preen.

The Yeltz levelled on 23 minutes when Richard LEADBEATER beat a hesitant goalkeeper Adrian Swan to a cross and planted a looping header home. Stuart Skidmore was the first of six players to be booked before the game erupted into controversy minutes before half-time. With the game becoming increasingly niggly and physical referee Mr Preece clamped down by awarding Halesowen a penalty for climbing over Leadbeater in the penalty area and Les HINES smashed home the spot-kick to give Halesowen a half-time lead. Amidst furious Spennymoor arguing, Michael Robson was booked for dissent and manager Tony Lee was ordered to spend the second-half in the Harry Rudge Stand after remonstrating with Mr Preece as the players walked off for half-time.

Early in the second-half Swan tipped over a Ross Collins volley but on the hour Clarke produced another lightning reflex save to touch a Chris Lynch shot for a corner. Super-striker Jason ASHBY wrapped up the tie with two late predatory strikes. In the 64th minute the alert Ashby took advantage of a short backpass from David Goodchild to round Swan and slot home. Clarke made another fine fingertip save on 74 minutes from Stephen Bell with Gavin Stone smashing the loose ball miles down the Stourbridge Road into safety. With Spennymoor spirits finally broken, Phil Trainer broke to produce a top corner save from Swan in the 88th minute but ASHBY completed a somewhat flattering scoreline in injury time when he also broke clear and curled his eleventh goal of the season past Swan from 10 yards out.




FAT Spennymoor 1 Yeltz 1

We're still alive in the Trophy after a 1-1 draw at Unibond First Division Spennymoor . We took the lead after the break from a header from Gavin Stone , but they equalised to take us back to The Grove on (I assume) Tuesday - I'll confirm the date as soon as I can.

My correspondent (Chas) says we missed chances, and then struggled after Rosco got sent off . Let's hope we can win the replay and get through to the 3rd Round when the Conference teams come in.

Match Report from Dave Norman (Spennymoor)

Moors were missing influential midfielder and captain Jason Ainsley and Andy Shaw for the visit of Halesowen Town. Halesowen, one of the oldest clubs in the country, formed in 1873, made the trip to The Brewery Field for the 2nd Round FA Trophy fixture and were fortunate to hold onto a draw after going down to 10 men in the second half, after surviving a late Spennymoor surge. The Moors must now make midweek trip to the Midlands to meet the Dr. Martens League Premier Division side, in the replay, possibly on Tuesday evening.

The first half was an even affair, both sides creating a couple of half chances, with the condition of the pitch deteriorating as the rain fell. Recent signing, Stuart Brightwell, caused the visiting defence some problems down the right with his pace and skill, however the chances came to nothing. Halesowen had one opportunity to open the scoring as the Moors defence was caught napping as the visitors broke down the right, Adrian swan was quick of his line closing the angle as Kirk Masters chance went wide. Anthony Lee came the close for the Moors on 35 minutes, his kick just inches over the visitors bar.

The visitors started the second half the stronger of the two teams and on 50 minutes Adrian Swan made a superb fingertip reaction save. The deadlock was broken on 57 minutes, as Gavin Stone headed the visitors into a 1-0 lead, from a floated in cross from Colwell. Tony Lee made some tactical changes with Michael Robson coming on for Leigh Grant as Moors went on the offensive, pushing for the equaliser. Moors applied some heavy pressure on the visitors goal, and following a corner, were awarded a penalty after a Halesowen defender handled in the box. Anthony Lee made no mistake from the resultant spot kick. After the penalty, a melee ensued on the edge of the box, with Ross Collins being sent off for an alleged head butt. Moors, sensing the win substituted Tony Woodhouse with Ben Ryan adding fresh legs to the attack, but it was Stephen Hutt whose effort came off the bar, before Ryan's shot flashed passed the near post. In the dying moments Jon Cullen's thunderous shot hit the bar and down onto the the goal line off the back of Halesowen keeper, Clarke's head, the Moors players and crowd behind the goal, convinced the ball had crossed the line.

Team - Swan, Grant, (Robson), Lee, Brightwell, Goodchild, Hutt, Cullen, Bell, Preen, Woodhouse, (Ryan), Lynch. Subs not used - Bishop, Beasley, Taylor



News Story

DMC Yeltz 4 Evesham 3

Following an eventful game, the mighty Yeltz march into the last 16 of the League Cup for the first time since 1996-97 .

We went one down very early on, but then took the lead after only 11 minutes through two goals from Kirk . With a third from new signing Phil Trainer , it was looking very comfortable but they got back to 3-3 before a second from Trainer took us through.

Saturday takes us to the North East with a long trip to Spennymoor in the FA Trophy. They're going pretty well in Northern Premier Division One with several games in hand so it's not going to be easy, but let's hope for a good result.

Match Report from DJ

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Reece, Newall, L. Collins, Stone (R. Collins HT), N. Smith, Brennan, Leadbeater, Master (Spencer 19 (Ashby 59)), Trainer. Unused Subs: Skidmore, Hines.

Evesham United: Taylor; A. Smith, West (Pinkney 59), Gardiner, Powell, Jukes, Lutz, Barnett (Mullen 88), Hunter, Lewis, Lower (Pratt HT). Unused Subs: James, Ladek.

Referee: H. Singh (West Bromwich) Attendance: 257 Booked: Reece(83)

Halesowen ran out narrow winners in a seven-goal encounter with Western Division Evesham after seeming to be well in control at half-time despite making five changes to their previous starting line-up.

Kirk Master broke free in the 2nd minute but his first touch let him down and Richard Leadbeater headed straight at Evesham goalkeeper Chris Taylor on 7 minutes.

Evesham went ahead in the 8th minute with Steve LUTZ driving home a left wing cross from 15-yards out. MASTER put Halesowen back on level terms within a minute when he crashed home a rebound after Karl Brennan hit the post from a one-on-one with goalkeeper Taylor. MASTER then notched his second in the 11th minute by glancing home a header from a left-wing corner before being substituted by Andy Spencer just 8 minutes later. Brennan hit a volley wide on the half-hour with Taylor off his line.

For the visitors, Andy Smith forced a save from Tim Clarke after 39 minutes with a 25-yard drive but new signing Phil TRAINER gave Halesowen a 3-1 half-time lead by diverting a right-wing cross past Taylor from close range.

Evesham came out fighting in the second-half and fought their way back into the game to equalise with Nathan JUKES reducing the arrears in the 49th minute by sending Clarke the wrong way from the penalty spot.

Andy Spencer headed over the bar from close range in the 51st minute and then scuffed a shot wide of goal six minutes later when clear on goal for the hosts. However, with Evesham continuing to take the game to Halesowen it was substitute Shaun Pratt who screwed just wide after 61 minutes before PRATT equalised when he rushed in at the far post to convert a dangerous 63rd minute cross. With Evesham starting to dominate a shaky home defence, Clarke made a fine 65th minute save from Lutz who found space from a Jay Powell free-kick. Clarke then took out a dangerous cross from Pratt on 69 minutes.

At the Evesham end, Taylor saved a 72nd minute shot from Reece and Leadbeater saw his 76th minute effort blocked on the goal-line for a corner from a cross by substitute Jason Ashby.

The Yeltz eventually hit an 86th minute winner when goalkeeper Taylor was forced to rush out of goal to clear with Ashby racing in but the ball fell for ex-Crewe youngster TRAINER and he hit his second goal by planting the ball into an empty net from the halfway line.

Reece was booked for striking out in the 83rd minute and was then stretchered off in the final minute with a torn calf muscle.




Crawley P Yeltz P

Heavy rain down South meant we kept our good run going by getting the game called off. I think it would have been a good time to play them as they're still involved in the FA Cup which might have distracted them, whereas now we'll have a long midweek trip.

It looks like we've signed Phil Trainor, a talented young midfielder who's previously played for Crewe. Sounds like a good addition to the squad, and Brendan's track record recently has been outstanding.

Tuesday brings Evesham to The Grove in the League Cup. Apologies to all Fantasy Island players over the slight confusion over the fixture date :-(




Yeltz 5 Folkestone 0

The mighty Yeltz keep on moving up the table with an excellent 5 goal victory over struggling Folkestone. Two goals each from super striker Jason Ashby and Les Hines , plus one from Richard Colwell means we're now in 14th place , our best position of the season.

Next week we make a potentially difficult journey to Crawley , although their form has dropped (and ours has got much better!) since they beat us pretty easily a couple of months ago. A draw would be a good result, anything else would be brilliant.

Match Report from DJ

Ever-improving Halesowen moved to their highest league position of the season by smashing five past struggling Folkestone in one of their best ever Southern League Premier Division victories.

The Yeltz took a 6th minute lead when Jason Ashby burst through midfield and played a long cross-field ball for Les HINES to hammer home from 15 yards. A minute later Folkestone were cruelly exposed again when Kirk Master split the defence and Jason Ashby bore down on goal in space to smash a 15-yard shot against the post.

With Halesowen well in control Richard Colwell set up Ross Collins to screw just wide of veteran goalkeeper Maurice Munden's post in the 20th minute. By contrast Tim Clarke had an easy afternoon and collected a 22nd minute drive from full-back James Millar. Opposite number Munden then touched a creeping drive from Master just around the post in the 27th minute.

Super striker ASHBY deservedly extended the lead in the 32nd minute when he hit home a right-wing Leroy May cross from 10 yards out. On 33 minutes Clarke held another shot from Millar but with Halesowen eagerly seeking more goals it was Munden who managed to collect the ball from a goal-mouth scramble a minute later. John Newall was rewarded for injuring himself in a challenge with a 38th minute booking and was replaced by Neil Smith just before half-time.

Folkestone continued to show little up front in a second half of driving rain and a minute after the break another sweeping Halesowen move saw Hines pass across goal for Master to touch on for May but his shot was deflected away. May tore a hamstring and was replaced in the 56th minute by Richard Leadbeater. Ross Collins then skipped through the Folkestone rearguard in the 67th minute but Munden was able to save from Leadbeater. Two minutes later Munden produced a fine fingertip save from Leadbeater in another flowing Halesowen move. In a spell of Folkestone pressure, Clarke held onto a 71st minute shot from substitute John Ayling and Millar shot into the Yeltz side-netting. Halesowen went close to increasing the lead ten minutes from time when Leadbeater won the ball and fed Colwell on the overlap but the full-back blasted high from a good position. Hines then sprayed a long pass for Ross Collins to steal in behind the visiting defence and hit a volley just wide of the mark.

Folkestone's defence fell apart in the final three minutes and Halesowen capitalised with a trio of late goals. On-side ASHBY hit his 8th goal in his last eight games by latching onto an 87th minute long ball to calmly round goalkeeper Munden before slotting home. In the final minute substitute Karl Brennan laid the ball off for HINES to crash his second goal and Halesowen's fourth into the roof of the net. In injury time Ashby surged through the demoralised Folkestone defence once again and when the ball broke free, COLWELL hit home Halesowen's fifth goal.